Australia Day Contest
26 January is a day of significance for both our countries, marking both Australia Day and Indian Republic Day. We will be celebrating the spirit of #AustraliaIndia #dosti through four contests in the coming weeks.
Five lucky winners each contest will win exciting prizes. To enter the competition, you’ll need to do three things:
- follow our Twitter handle (@AusHCIndia) or like our Facebook page (AustraliainIndia)
- answer our quiz questions by commenting on the Facebook post or tweet your quiz answer with the hashtags #AustraliaIndia #dosti
- be an Indian resident over 18 years of age.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- The Australia Day Contest (the Competition) is a competition run by the Commonwealth of Australia through the Australian High Commission in Delhi (the High Commission).
- The Competition will run from 1700h IST on Monday, 07 February 2022 to 1700h IST Tuesday, 08 February 2022.
Eligibility to enter
- Entry into the Competition is free and open to Indian residents who are 18 years or older.
- Employees of the High Commission or its attached agencies, its contractors and/or their immediate family members are ineligible to enter the Competition. Immediate family member means a spouse, de facto partner or child.
- The High Commission reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each Entrant and to disqualify any Entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements. By entering the Competition, the Entrant affirm that they meet the eligibility requirements.
How to Enter
- To enter the Competition each Entrant must, during the Competition Period, answer the Competition Questions in English by commenting on the AustralianinIndia Facebook page or tweeting their answer along with the hashtags #AustraliaIndia #dosti on their Twitter account.
- Each Entrant is only permitted to submit one answer either via Facebook or Twitter. Entries, which are found to be fraudulent, such as false email addresses or social media accounts, or any other illegitimate behaviour to gain advantage over other entrants, will be disqualified from the Competition.
- If entering via Twitter, the Entrant’s account must be set the account to ‘Public’. If the answer is private, it cannot be included in the Competition.
- Answers will be accepted once published on the High Commission’s Facebook page or the Entrant’s Twitter account with the hashtags #AustraliaIndia #dosti. The High Commission will not be responsible for any post which is lost, late, incomplete or otherwise not received by the High Commission for any reason, including telephone connection failures, internet failures and disruptions, and ISP problems. Any costs associated with entry into the Competition will be borne by the Entrant.
- Five prizes will be given for each contest in this Competition.
- The Prizes are immutable and awarded without any warranty. They are not transferable or exchangeable for cash. The High Commission reserves the right to substitute the Prizes with other prizes in the event that the original prizes are not available.
- Unless otherwise specified in these Terms and Conditions, the High Commission will not be responsible for any costs associated with the award, acceptance, receipt or use of the Prizes, including the cost of making necessary travel arrangements to redeem the Prizes.
Selection of the winners
- Winners will be selected randomly or based on a collective decision by High Commission staff. We will consider Facebook and Twitter answers equally.
Announcement of the winners
- The High Commission will announce the winners of the Competition by tagging them on a post on the High Commission’s Facebook and Twitter pages after the Competition Period.
- The High Commission will also notify each winner via direct message within two days of announcing the winners. At this time, the High Commission will seek the winners’ names, ages and Indian address (Personal Details), to organise collection of the Prizes. The winners must provide the Personal Details within seven days of the request by the High Commission.
Shipping of Prizes
- The Prizes will be shipped to each winner using the address details provided. The Prizes will be shipped within a week of receiving address details required by Clause 15.
- If a winner fails to provide the High Commission with their Personal Details within the required time, or provides incorrect address details, the winner will forfeit the Prize and the High Commission reserves the right to select another winner.
- The Entrant affirms that their entry or any picture posted in connection with the Competition has not been copied, recreated, reproduced or derived from any other work and that they do not infringe on any other legal, intellectual property or privacy rights of any third party. The Entrant indemnifies and holds harmless the High Commission from any third party claim arising from the use of the Entrant’s entry or posted picture, including but not limited to claims of violation of intellectual property or privacy rights.
- The Entrant grants the Commonwealth a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, revocable, non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, modify, copy, delete from, add to, publicly display and/or reproduce, the Entrant’s entry, in whole or in part, in any medium, now or at any time in the future for any related purpose of the Commonwealth.
- The Entrant grants the High Commission the right to use their Personal Details, likeness, comments and/or entry for promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law. This includes but is not limited to announcing the result of the Competition or publishing the name of the Prize winner on the High Commission’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
- The Entrant acknowledges that while the High Commission will disclose this information to Facebook and Twitter for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in connection with the Competition, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
- The Entrant agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless the High Commission, Facebook and Twitter from any liability, damages, losses or injury resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Entrant’s participation in the Competition and the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize that may be won.
- The High Commission is not responsible for content that third parties publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit via social media services. The High Commission accepts no liability whatsoever arising from or connected to the currency, accuracy or completeness of any material posted on social media sites or elsewhere on the internet and disclaims all responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of information provided via this vehicle.
Amendments and cancellation
- The High Commission reserves the right to, at its absolute discretion and without prior notice, vary, amend, delete or supplement any of these terms and conditions and the Entrant’s continued participation in the Competition amounts to acceptance of any revised terms and conditions. The Entrant should check the High Commission’s website on a regular basis for any changes to these terms and condition. If an Entrant does not agree to a change, they may withdraw from the Competition by emailing [email protected].
- The High Commission reserves the right to, for any reason and without any obligation to state a particular reason, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. In the event of such cancellation, termination or modification, the High Commission may at its absolute discretion elect not to award any Prize in respect of the Competition. The decision of the High Commission to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition will not be subject to any liability nor compensation of any nature.
- The High Commission’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding on every Entrant. No correspondence will be entertained.
- The Competition is governed by the laws of India.