Office Circular No 19/18
Bearer / Housekeeper / Functions Manager
Deputy High Commissioner’s Residence
The Australian Deputy High Commissioner is seeking a suitably qualified person to fill the position of Bearer / Housekeeper / Functions Manager at his residence.
The job description and selection criteria which will be used to assess applicants’ suitability are attached. Applicants should submit their resume along with a statement, no longer than one page describing their suitability for the role.
The successful applicant will be offered a two-year contract of employment, which may be extended, based on performance. Employment would be subject to an initial probation period of six months.
An attractive salary package will be negotiated based on skills and experience of the successful applicant. Accommodation will be provided on the Australian High Commission compound.
Applications should be submitted by mail to the Human Resources Section of the Australian High Commission, 1/50G Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021 or by email at AHCJOBS.NDLI@dfat.gov.au by Sunday, 05 August 2018. No late applications will be accepted and only the short listed candidates will be contacted.
23 July 2018
Designation: Bearer / Housekeeper / Functions Manager
DEPUTY HIGH COMMISSIONER’S RESIDENCE
- Overall management for the running of functions
- Preparation of house for functions
- Greeting of guests
- Hosting and service during functions
- Drinks preparation and service
- Maintain inventory and book keeping relating to functions
- General maintaining of house including management of cleaner
- Manage household maintenance in consultation with property team
- With cook - assist with laundry including ironing
- With cook - assist with purchase, ordering of goods for household
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage functions and the household.
- Knowledge of, and experience in mixing drinks is desirable.