High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu marks the release of ‘An India Economic Strategy to 2035: Navigating from Potential to Delivery’
“The strategy charts a course to bringing India into the top tier of Australia’s economic partners,” said High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu in her remarks at an event to mark the release of Australia’s India Economic Strategy in New Delhi yesterday. The report, prepared by Peter Varghese AO - former Secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and former High Commissioner to India - was commissioned by Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull on his visit to India last year. The event was organised in collaboration with ICRIER.
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull released Australia’s India Economic Strategy in Brisbane. The strategy, led by former DFAT Secretary Peter Varghese, is an ambitious plan to grow the economic partnership between India and Australia out to 2035.
Capturing India’s economic transformation (video link or watch below)
High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu, Secretary, Ministry of Culture, Government of India, Shri Raghvendra Singh, Director General National Gallery of Modern Art, Adwaita Garanayak, and Deputy Director, National Gallery of Australia, Kirsten Paisley, jointly inaugurated ‘Indigenous Australia: Masterworks from the National Gallery of Australia’ exhibition. The exhibition presents significant works produced by Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists from the late 1800s through to today. Its on view till 26 August at NGMA, Delhi.
Indigenous Australia: Masterworks from the National Gallery of Australia, an exhibition showcasing the most significant works produced by the Indigenous artists in Australia, features 102 artworks from the late 1800s through to today. Here’s a sneak peek into how we set it up and a video message from High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu listing out reasons on why you should visit this exhibition. The exhibition is open till 26 August.
Exercise Pitch Black 2018 - a multi-nation defence exercise - is currently underway in Australia. With 140 aircraft, 4000 personnel and 16 participating nations, Operation Pitch Black is the largest and most important international defence exercise. The Indian Air Force is participating in the exercise for the first time ever.
Latest speeches by the High Commissioner
- High Commissioner's remarks on the 'Future of the Australia-India Economic Relationship'(08/08/18)
- High Commissioner's Remarks at the launch of the Youth Waging Peace guide (25/05/18)
- High Commissioner’s Address to the National Defence College on Australia and India in the Indo-Pacific (03/05/18)
- High Commissioner's remarks at the Deakin University & Rajasthan Royals Panel Discussion on the Future of Business of Sport (01/05/18)
- High Commissioner’s Address to Convocation Ceremony to Takshashila Institution, Bangalore (22/04/18)
Latest Press Coverage
- Drawing from the dreams - The Hindu
- Exhibition: The ancient art and agony of Australia's indigenous community - Business Standard
- A narrative of the colonised; an ongoing exhibition establishes powerful narrative of the Aboriginals of Australia - Financial Express
- Aussie artwork on maiden trip to India - Times of India