High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu, unveiled the program of Australia Fest – a festival that will bring the best of Australian culture and creativity to India. To be staged across 20 Indian cities, #AustraliaFest will feature music, art, food, film, literature, dance, theatre, sport and much more.
“The strategy charts a course to bringing India into the top tier of Australia’s economic partners,” said High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu in her remarks at an event to mark the release of Australia’s India Economic Strategy in New Delhi. The report, prepared by Peter Varghese AO - former Secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and former High Commissioner to India - was commissioned by Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull on his visit to India last year. The event was organised in collaboration with ICRIER.
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull released Australia’s India Economic Strategy in Brisbane. The strategy, led by former DFAT Secretary Peter Varghese, is an ambitious plan to grow the economic partnership between India and Australia out to 2035.
Capturing India’s economic transformation (video link or watch below)
Latest speeches by the High Commissioner
- High Commissioner's remarks on the 'Future of the Australia-India Economic Relationship'(08/08/18)
- High Commissioner's Remarks at the launch of the Youth Waging Peace guide (25/05/18)
- High Commissioner’s Address to the National Defence College on Australia and India in the Indo-Pacific (03/05/18)
- High Commissioner's remarks at the Deakin University & Rajasthan Royals Panel Discussion on the Future of Business of Sport (01/05/18)
- High Commissioner’s Address to Convocation Ceremony to Takshashila Institution, Bangalore (22/04/18)
Latest Press Coverage
- Its all an illusion - Hindustan Times
- From the kangaroo land - Pioneer
- Celebrating Down Under - Indian Express
- Delhiites, soak in Oz culture at this fest - HIndustan Times
- Australia festival to dazzle Indians - Tribune
- India get ready to feel the Aussie essence in Australia Fest - NewsMobile
- From food to music feast on Australian culture for next six months - The Week
- Australia to host major cultural festival in India - Times of India