Australian creativity and style took centre stage at the Lotus Make-Up India Fashion Week as part of Australia Fest. Five Australian designers- Romance was Born, We are Kindred, Brothers Earth, Cassandra Harper and Roopa Pemmaraju - showcased their collections created using Indian handlooms textiles. The showcase was presented in collaboration with the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India, and is an outcome of the MoU between the two countries signed at ‘Textiles India 2017’ in Gandhinagar.
For the first time ever, Tennis Australia has launched the Australian Open in India. As part of the launch they introduced the International Ballkids Program where ten kids will be selected to represent India at the Australian Open 2019. Australian Tennis legend Todd Woodbridge along with the Victorian Governor The Honourable Linda Dessau AC and other dignitaries launched the program in Delhi last week (Read More...)
The Australian World Orchestra wrapped up its India tour with spectacular performances in Kochi, Chennai and Mumbai leaving audiences asking for more. Here are a few glimpses.
Cooking sensation Gary Mehigan was in India as part of Australia Fest to share Australia’s culinary culture. The celebrated Master Chef judge conducted a series of interactive food and beverage demonstrations, masterclasses and curated dinners in Delhi & Mumbai. Here are some highlights from his visit.
Australia Fest began on a magical note with the launch of the book 'Jadoowallahs, Jugglers and Jinns: A Magical History of India'. Written by renowned Australian author and Australia Fest ambassador, John Zubrzycki, the book is a cultural, social and political history of Indian street and stage magic. Casting their magic spells on the occasion were Australia’s finest illusionist Adam Mada and Indian Magician Raj Kumar.
High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu, unveiled the program of Australia Fest – a festival that will bring the best of Australian culture and creativity to India. To be staged across 20 Indian cities, #AustraliaFest will feature music, art, food, film, literature, dance, theatre, sport and much more.
For updates on Australia Fest events, visit www.australiafest.com or follow us on our Social Media platforms - Facebook @AustraliainIndia | Instagram @aushcindia | Twitter @aushcindia and @ausdhcindia | YouTube Australia in India
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull released Australia’s India Economic Strategy in Brisbane. The strategy, led by former DFAT Secretary Peter Varghese, is an ambitious plan to grow the economic partnership between India and Australia out to 2035.
Capturing India’s economic transformation (video link or watch below)
Latest speeches by the High Commissioner
- High Commissioner's remarks on the 'Future of the Australia-India Economic Relationship'(08/08/18)
- High Commissioner's Remarks at the launch of the Youth Waging Peace guide (25/05/18)
- High Commissioner’s Address to the National Defence College on Australia and India in the Indo-Pacific (03/05/18)
- High Commissioner's remarks at the Deakin University & Rajasthan Royals Panel Discussion on the Future of Business of Sport (01/05/18)
- High Commissioner’s Address to Convocation Ceremony to Takshashila Institution, Bangalore (22/04/18)
Latest Press Coverage
- Influence, confluence and fluidity in between - Pioneer
- A weave of change - The Hindu
- Designs on India - Indian Express
- Delhiites add desi flavour to this Aussie gathering - Times of India
- Will travel for food - Business Line
- A lot of Western magicians stole or appropriated Indian tricks, says John Zubrzycki, author of a book on the history of Indian magic - Times of India