High commissioner Harinder Sidhu in her interaction with members of the Indian Association of Foreign Affairs Correspondents(IAFAC) described India as a leader and a powerhouse. She said, "India and Australia have developed mutual trust over the past decade to work together on strategic issues in the Indo-Pacific region. The two countries could now work together to strengthen the economic order in the region". Read More..
Applications to sponsor a parent for a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa will be open from 17 April 2019. Once a sponsorship application has been approved, a sponsored parent will be able to apply for a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa. Applications for the visa are intended to open from 1 July 2019. For more information including sponsor eligibility criteria, number of places available and costs, please visit the Home Affairs website.
- Link to Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s address to the Australian Financial Review India Business Summit
- Link to the Australian Government’s response to An India Economic Strategy to 2035
- Link to Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment Simon Birmingham’s address to the Australian Financial Review India Business Summit 2018
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull released Australia’s India Economic Strategy in Brisbane. The strategy, led by former DFAT Secretary Peter Varghese, is an ambitious plan to grow the economic partnership between India and Australia out to 2035.
Capturing India’s economic transformation (video link or watch below)
Latest speeches by the High Commissioner
- High Commissioner’s speech to the Indian Association of Foreign Correspondents (11/06/19)
- High Commissioner’s Address to the National Defence College on Australia-India relations and Indo-Pacific Security dynamics (02/05/19)
- Deputy High Commissioner Rod Hilton's Address to the India Distributed Energy Forum and Expo (31/01/19)
Latest Press Coverage
- Australia urges India to play a greater role in shaping regional trade order - Mint
- Quad one way to fix regional issues: Australian envoy - Hindu
- Aus to work with Delhi in Indo-Pacific: Envoy - Tribune