Applications to sponsor a parent for a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa will be open from 17 April 2019. Once a sponsorship application has been approved, a sponsored parent will be able to apply for a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa. Applications for the visa are intended to open from 1 July 2019. For more information including sponsor eligibility criteria, number of places available and costs, please visit the Home Affairs website.
The Australian and Indian Navy concluded a two-week long bilateral maritime exercise named AUSINDEX on 14 April 2019. The third edition of the exercise which commenced on 02 April 2019 included a series of advanced warfare drills in all three dimensions comprising anti-submarine warfare exercises, air defense exercises, anti-surface warfare exercises including live-fire drills, replenishment at sea, and cross deck flying.
Australia Fest - Australia's six month long festival celebrating Australian culture and creativity concludes in India
After a successful run across 20 Indian cities since September 2018, Australia Fest concluded with performances by internationally acclaimed Australian soprano and composer Deborah Cheetham in Mumbai and New Delhi. A leader in the Australian arts landscape for over 25 years, Deborah Cheetham shared her unique life story and the journey she has taken to discover her belonging. She presented Songs of Belonging featuring Australian and Indian performers - pianist Toni Lalich, tabla master Pandit Ashis Sengupta and the members of Rubiks Collective, one of Australia's most dynamic contemporary art music ensembles.
- Link to Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s address to the Australian Financial Review India Business Summit
- Link to the Australian Government’s response to An India Economic Strategy to 2035
- Link to Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment Simon Birmingham’s address to the Australian Financial Review India Business Summit 2018
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull released Australia’s India Economic Strategy in Brisbane. The strategy, led by former DFAT Secretary Peter Varghese, is an ambitious plan to grow the economic partnership between India and Australia out to 2035.
Capturing India’s economic transformation (video link or watch below)
Latest speeches by the High Commissioner
- Deputy High Commissioner Rod Hilton's Address to the India Distributed Energy Forum and Expo (31/01/19)
- High Commissioner's Address to the International Solar Alliance Pavilion and Forum (19/01/19)
- High Commissioner's remarks at Ananta Aspen Centre New Delhi on Australia – A Top Tier partner for India in the Indo-Pacific (30/11/18)
Latest Press Coverage
- Breaking Old Moulds - Sunday Standard
- Diplomacy Show: Australia India Relationship - WION
- India is very important to us, says Harinder Sidhu - DNA