As part of our #Development4All campaign to promote the inclusion of people with disability into all aspects of society, the Australian High Commission hosted a blind cricket exhibition match. The teams featuring a mix of players from the Indian Blind Cricket team and diplomats from the Australian, British and New Zealand High Commissions competed under blind cricket rules. Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Dr Thawar Chand Gehlot was the chief guest on the occasion.
The 2018 Tapestry Design Prize for Architects (TDPA) is now open for entries until 15 June. The TDPA is the only international competition of its kind that encourages architects to foster new creative dialogues with contemporary weavers. The TDPA 2018 is a partnership between the Australian Tapestry Workshop, the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), Architecture Media and the Tapestry Foundation of Australia.
Indian Australian researcher from University of Melbourne has designed new ‘smart socks’ that can help physiotherapists treat injuries and get them back on their feet. The invention was motivated by Deepti’s observations of physiotherapists at the Royal Children’s Hospital, and her father’s experience when he injured his ankle in his small hometown in India.
Professor Veena Sahajwalla, an Indian Australian scientist at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) has launched the world’s first electronic waste micro factory. It can transform e-waste like smartphones and laptops into valuable material for re-use. The micro-factory is the first of a series under development and in testing at UNSW.
ANZAC Day Dawn Service
On 25 April, Australia will commemorate the 103rd anniversary of the landing of Australian and New Zealand forces at Gallipoli, where they fought alongside their Indian comrades. Today, ANZAC Day has become an occasion to remember and honour all the soldiers who served and died in military operations. Join us to commemorate those who sacrificed their lives.
Gurdas Maan to perform in Australia!
The legendary Punjabi singer, Gurdas Maan, is all set to enthral audiences in Australia. Maan, considered as one of the most notable figures in the world of Punjabi music, will perform live at the Perth Convention Centre on Saturday 19 May 2018. Click Here for tickets
Jindal Global University’s Centre for India Australia Studies signs Mou with Delhi Daredevils
High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu attended the launch of a new partnership between the Delhi Daredevils and Jindal Global University (JGU)’s Centre for India Australia Studies (CIAS). A step in further strengthening the Australia-India sports partnership, the collaboration will focus on a Sports Law and Governance program. Delhi Daredevils coach Ricky Ponting and Former Australian Women’s Cricketer Melanie Jones were also present at the MoU signing.
Australia India Council training young agri-graduate entrepreneurs to help develop ‘Mobile E-Centre Farm Service Kiosk’
The Australia India Council is training young agri-graduate entrepreneurs to help develop a working business model ‘Mobile E-Centre Farm Service Kiosk’. The model, when implemented and supported by the agribusiness sector, aims to serve the training needs of smallholder farming women in the two India states of West Bengal and Bihar. The project, supported by the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR), builds on and complements the existing bilateral agricultural research projects.
Latest speeches by the High Commissioner
- High Commissioner's remarks at the River Basin Planning Workshop convened by the Australian Water Partnership (16/03/18)
- His Excellency General the Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove AK MC (Retd) Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia Address to the International Solar Alliance Founding Summit (11/03/18)
- High Commissioner's remarks at the South Asia Power Summit (14/12/17)
Latest Press Coverage
- Australian High Commission hosts blind cricket match in Delhi - Hindustan Times
- Gentleman’s game for a social cause - Tribune
- India's blind cricketers put up good show in Delhi - Mail Today
- Blind Cricket Match hosted by Australian High Commission - Business Standard
- 'I would love to see a chai festival happening in NCR' - Times of India
- Australian Governor General announces early childcare project - Tribune
- Australian embassy in Delhi hosts screening of film on Down syndrome - Times of India
- High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu talks about the strength of Australia-India relationship, and the importance of raising awareness about cervical cancer in an interview with Rajasthan Patrika