High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu hosted the Indian premiere of 'Raising The Bar' in Delhi. Raising The Bar is an inspiring documentary that traces the journey of three Indian and three Australian children with Down Syndrome who meet at a conference in Chennai. Shot in India and Australia, the film is directed by Onir and produced by Mitu B. Lange of Mind Blowing Films and Cate Sayers of e.motion21.
High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu concluded a successful visit to Punjab. She met with Navjot Singh Sidhu, Minister of Local Government, Tourism, Cultural Affairs, and Museums of the State of Punjab to explore opportunities in sports, agriculture and tourism sectors. She also visited the Golden Temple in Amritsar and the Borlough Institute for South Asia in Ludhiana, and launched skill development initiatives by social enterprise UDAY.
A by-election for the federal electoral Division of Batman in Victoria will be held on Saturday 17 March 2018. You can check if you are enrolled in the Division of Batman, enrol or update your enrolment details at www.aec.gov.au/enrol. In-person voting will not be available outside of Australia for this by-election. If you will be overseas on by-election day, you can apply for a postal vote or you can vote in person in Australia before you go. You can apply for a postal vote by completing a ‘Postal Vote Application’ on the AEC website. You should ensure that you apply for a postal vote as soon as possible to allow enough time for the ballot papers to reach you overseas before by-election day. For more information, visit the AEC website at www.aec.gov.au/Batman or contact the AEC via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone +61 2 6113 4777 or +61 2 6160 2600.
The Prime Minister of Australia launched the Australian Government’s 2017 Foreign Policy White Paper. It is the first comprehensive review of Australia’s international engagement in over 14yrs. At a time of uncertainty and change around the world, the Foreign Policy White Paper is Australia's plan to seize opportunity, enhance security and build strength.
- Opportunity, Security, Strength: The 2017 Foreign Policy White Paper
- Transcript of the PM’s address at the launch
- Foreign Minister Julie Bishop’s op-ed in The Australian
Latest speeches by the High Commissioner
- High Commissioner's remarks at the South Asia Power Summit (14/12/17)
- High Commissioner's remarks at IFC Climate Business Forum (30/11/17)
- High Commissioner's Keynote Address on the Australia-Bhutan Education Partnership (21/11/17)
Latest Press Coverage
- An investment in the future - High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu's Op-Ed in The Indian Express
- India and Australia have a lot to offer each other - High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu's interview in the Week
- High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu talks about the strength of Australia-India relationship, and the importance of raising awareness about cervical cancer in an interview with Rajasthan Patrika