High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu, Secretary, Ministry of Culture, Government of India, Shri Raghvendra Singh, Director General National Gallery of Modern Art, Adwaita Garanayak, and Deputy Director, National Gallery of Australia, Kirsten Paisley, jointly inaugurated ‘Indigenous Australia: Masterworks from the National Gallery of Australia’ exhibition. The exhibition presents significant works produced by Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists from the late 1800s through to today. Its on view till 26 August at NGMA, Delhi.
Did you Know: 'Indigenous Australia: Masterworks from the National Gallery of Australia' exhibition features 102 artworks from the late 1800s through to today? Here’s a sneak peek into how we are setting it up. The exhibition is open till 26 August.
Indigenous Australia: Masterworks from the National Gallery of Australia, an exhibition showcasing the most significant works produced by the Indigenous artists in Australia, is on view till 26 August at National Gallery of Modern Art, Delhi.
Nine young undergraduates will intern at the Australian High Commission for over a month as part of the Asha Society’s internship programme, which we have been supporting since 2012. The program offers students from slums a chance to experience what it is like to work in a professional environment setup and to develop their communication, technical and professional skills.
That’s a wrap. World’s largest festival of light Vivid Sydney has come to an end. From the stunning ‘Lighting of the sails’ at the Sydney Opeara House to the unforgettable master of puppetry at Barangaroo Sydney - we've got it all for those who missed the magic! Here are the best moments from Vivid Sydney 2018.
Latest speeches by the High Commissioner
- High Commissioner's Remarks at the launch of the Youth Waging Peace guide (25/05/18)
- High Commissioner’s Address to the National Defence College on Australia and India in the Indo-Pacific (03/05/18)
- High Commissioner's remarks at the Deakin University & Rajasthan Royals Panel Discussion on the Future of Business of Sport (01/05/18)
- High Commissioner’s Address to Convocation Ceremony to Takshashila Institution, Bangalore (22/04/18)
Latest Press Coverage
- Aussie artwork on maiden trip to India - Times of India
- Indigenous Australian masterworks exhibited at NGMA - Business Standard
- Sultry Delhi hosts cool Aussie Aboriginal Art - Hindustan Times
- Joining the Dots - Pioneer
- Inspiring Art: Indigenous Australia - Millennium Post
- Encounters with the Aboriginal art of Australia - Mint
- Aboriginal Art travels from Down Under to Delhi - Mail Today