Current global visa and citizenship processing times are now available on the Department of Home Affairs website at: http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times
To view, see the Visa Finder for the visa subclass or citizenship type relevant to your application. On the product page, two processing times will be displayed, indicating how long it is taking to finalise 75 and 90 per cent of all applications submitted globally. Processing times apply from the date your complete application is received by the DIBP processing office.
Please note that the Department will only respond to enquiries after the published processing time has elapsed.
Processing times are dependent on a number of different factors including:
- Whether you have provided all necessary supporting documents when you lodge an application
- How well and how promptly you respond to requests for additional information
- How long it takes to complete any required checks on information you have provided to support your application
- How long it takes to receive additional information from areas outside the department - particularly in relation to health, character and national security.
- How many places are available in the Migration Programme.
- A decision to grant or refuse your visa application may be made based on the information and documentation that you provide at the time of lodgement.
It is strongly recommended you apply well in advance of your intended travel date and that you do not make any travel arrangements until you have been granted your visa.
If you included an email address on your visa application the Visa Processing Office will communicate with you through this email address. It is important to check your junk email regularly to ensure that emails from the Visa Processing Office have not accidently been sent to junk.
For more information about the visa application process, please refer to http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/.