From July 6 2022, the way you travel to and from Australia has changed. All travellers should be aware that:
- People entering Australia do not need to provide evidence of vaccination status
- People entering Australia do not need to complete the Digital Passenger Declaration or Maritime Travel Declaration
- People leaving Australia will not be asked to provide evidence of their vaccination status
- Unvaccinated visa holders do not need a travel exemption to travel to Australia
- Masks are still required on flights travelling to Australia.
It is important to remember that airlines, vessel operators and other countries may have specific requirements that travellers need to comply with.
More information: COVID-19 and the border
See: Media Release