Office Circular No 16/2018
Australia Fest Program Officer
The Australian High Commission, New Delhi, is inviting applications for the contracted role of Australia Fest Program Officer at the Australian High Commission, New Delhi. This is a contracted positon for nine months.
Further information is available on our website http://www.india.highcommission.gov.au.
The payment will be made on an hourly rate of INR 500 per hour.
This is a core element of the Australian High Commissions (AHC), New Delhi’s personnel policies and programs. Clear objectives, mutual respect, good communication and team work are the characteristics of workplace diversity in action.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit to the First Secretary Public Affairs by close of business Wednesday, 18 July 2018 the following documents in Microsoft Word format with subject header ‘Application for Australia Fest Program Officer’ to AHCJOBS.NDLI@dfat.gov.au
- A font size 12 typed statement addressing the selection criteria (no longer than one page).
- A curriculum vitae detailing your contact details, work experience, academic qualifications and the names and contact details of two referees.
Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered. No late applications will be accepted and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
|Agency||Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade|
|Title||Australia Fest Program Officer|
About the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas. The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the Australia Fest program
DFAT will deliver a festival to celebrate Australian culture and creativity in India in 2018-2019. Australia Fest will build on the already strong trade and strategic connections between Australia and India. The festival will involve a series of targeted events across India from September 2018 to March 2019.
About the Position
The position is responsible for supporting the effective delivery of Australia Fest 2018. The position will be involved with implementing the program of public diplomacy and cultural events with a focus on logistics and event management.
- Manage stakeholder, vendor, and supplier relationships aligned with the festival.
- Support the Sponsorship and Partnership Manager to ensuring commitments to sponsors are met in accordance with sponsorship agreements.
- Plan budgets for Australia Fest projects and assist with processing payments to vendors. This includes seeking quotes from suppliers, making recommendations based on value for money, and following up on invoices.
- Prepare and manage visit programs for delegations, artists and sponsored guests to India. Includes coordinating travel bookings and logistics.
- Provide event management support, including following up with production and venue partners.
- Ensure timely development, delivery, and distribution of marketing materials.
- Manage, update, and use the Public Affairs contacts database, including developing guest lists for events, managing and following up RSVPs.
- This position may involve some domestic travel and work outside normal office hours.
- Other duties as directed.
- University degree in any discipline
- Demonstrated work experience in the arts or cultural organisations is highly desirable
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills (English and Hindi).
- Strong interpersonal, representational and networking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage events (including financial and administrative processes), undertake multiple tasks in a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to work independently to complete priorities which may have competing deadlines.
- Demonstrate an understanding and basic knowledge of the Indian cultural sector.