Australian High Commission
New Delhi
India, Bhutan



Please note that there is no priority processing service offered at the New Delhi, Mumbai & Chennai Passport Offices.

The suggested procedure for preparing your application form is as follows.

1. Find out which type of passport form you need to use.

2. Obtain a passport application form by:
a) Downloading a form from

b) Collecting a form from your nearest High Commission or Consulate.

c) Contacting your nearest High Commission or Consulate to have a form mailed out.

3. Complete the application form.

4. Check the application has been completed correctly:

PC8 Applicants

5. Lodge your application at the appropriate Passport Office location nearest to you.

Which Passport Form Do I Need?

Please read the information below to determine which passport form you will need to complete.

Australian passport renewal application (PC7)

The following conditions must be met in order to qualify for a PC7 form:

• the passport to be renewed is an Australian Adult Passport with a validity of at least two years;
• the passport to be renewed has not been lost, stolen or damaged;
• the passport to be renewed has not expired for more than 12 months;
• your name has not changed since your last passport application.

Application for an Australian passport overseas (PC8)

If you do not qualify for a PC7 form you will be required to lodge your application for a new Australian passport using the Application for an Australian Passport Overseas (PC8) form. Passport applications that require the completion of a PC8 form include:

• application for a minor's first passport;
• application for the renewal of a minor's passport;
• application for a first adult passport after turning 18 years of age;
• application for a replacement passport when your current passport has been lost, stolen or damaged;
• application for a passport in a new name (e.g. name change through marriage, etc.)

PLEASE NOTE: Those applicants wishing to lodge an application to replace a lost or stolen passport will be required to pay an additional fee. There are no exceptions.