Office Circular No 01/18
High Commissioner’s Residence
The Australian High Commissioner is seeking a suitably qualified person to fill the position of Cook/ Chef at the Residence.
This is a pivotal role at the Residence, responsible for all elements of catering for official functions and events.
The job description and selection criteria which will be used to assess applicants’ suitability are attached. Applicants should describe how they meet each of the selection criteria and provide relevant examples and references.
The successful applicant will be offered a two-year contract of employment which may be extended based on performance. Employment would be subject to an initial probation period of six months.
An attractive salary package will be negotiated on the basis of skills and experience of the successful applicant. Accommodation will be provided on the Australian High Commission compound.
Applications should be submitted by mail to the Human Resources Section of the Australian High Commission, 1/50G Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021 or by email at AHCJOBS.NDLI@dfat.gov.au by 5pm Monday 29 January 2018. No late applications will be accepted and only the short listed candidates will be contacted.
Under the direction of the High Commissioner and her Office and working closely with the Residence House Manager, the Cook/Chef is responsible for:
1. Day-to-day management and operation of the Residence kitchen, including:
a. Menu planning
b. Preparation and presentation of meals for the High Commissioner and family, guests and for official functions.
2. All food-related requirements of the Residence including:
a. Shopping, accountability and inventory of food and beverages
b. Preparation and storage of food in accordance with the highest standards of hygiene and food safety
c. Maintenance and accountability for all kitchen equipment and utensils.
3. Ensuring cleanliness in the kitchen area including equipment, utensils and surrounding areas.
4. Supervising Kitchen Assistant and other contracted staff as required.
5. Other services and duties associated with the position/ additional work in connection with the kitchen operations. Other work as assigned.
(For each selection criteria please explain how you have each skills/ knowledge and / or give an example of how you have used this skill/ knowledge in the past).
- Culinary skills of high order. Knowledge of a range of cuisines and related experience. Professional training, preferably from a 5-Star hotel or equivalent.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
Proven ability to work as part of a team and to supervise staff.
Initiative, a ‘can-do’ attitude and self-management
Good people skills and ability to respond to directions.
Note: The successful applicant must be willing to work outside regular hours on short notice.